Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Day of School Cookies



I sent my kids off to their first day of school. I think I'm was more nervous than they were. I want to welcome them home with a great snack, so I made cookies this morning, then shaped the dough into logs and put them in the freezer. I'll time it so they are coming out of the oven right when they get home. It's a cool, slightly rainy day and hot oatmeal cookies with big glasses of milk will be perfect. I have two extra logs for anyone who leaves me a fabulous comment. You don't have to have kids at school, but you do have to live by me. Leave me a comment and I'll drop them by. For everyone else, here's the recipe:

Grandma Stanley's Oatmeal Cookies
Cream:
1 C. butter (I like to melt it, but you can cream it also)
2 eggs
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla
Add:
2 C. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
Fold in:
1 1/2 C. coconut
1 1/2 C. oatmeal

Bake at 375 for 8 min. (I know what you are thinking, "No chocolate! How can these even be considered cookies! They are more like breakfast food." I agree. I added 1+ C. milk chocolate chips).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I'm the first to leave a comment, and you linked to my blog, and I live the closest. Can I just try one? I'm trying to detox from the Utah binge of Kouing Aman and other goodies. I'm willing to make a small sacrifice for your delicious cookies. I dub thee the "Cookie Master." Really, Erin, you make the best cookies.

jordan said...

Again, I wish I lived near you....

Kathryn said...

The kids look great and so do your flowers. The day has passed quickly, right?

Enjoy your cookies and come up after school to play in the yard if you wish!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful children! Happy day!

liz said...

awesome- it's like a service auction blog.

TWO! comments and you get a FHE Lesson included!

Erin said...

Thanks to everyone for the FABULOUS comments. Enjoy the cookies Kathryn and Lindsey.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of your grown-up children! the cookies sound good too.
Love, Gramma K

Anonymous said...

This picture is fantastic. Love you guys.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Any contests today? I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful children! The recipe came from a fellow teacher when we were living in Hooper Bay, Alaska, and I was expecting Josh.

Love, Grandma Stanley-Mac

Anonymous said...

Erin, What a great picture of your adorable kids. Donna's recipe looks fantastic and we hope to try it out this Sunday. Thanks so much!! Betsy and Tim Ricks

Anonymous said...

Erin, What a great picture of your adorable kids. Donna's recipe looks fantastic and we hope to try it out this Sunday. Thanks so much!! Betsy and Tim Ricks

Anonymous said...

Erin, What a great picture of your adorable kids. Donna's recipe looks fantastic and we hope to try it out this Sunday. Thanks so much!! Betsy and Tim Ricks