Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Week in Meals - #13

I like watching Giada De Laurentiis on Everyday Italian (Food Network), but have never tried any of her recipes. I've included two to try this week, a fish and a pasta. The rest are just good old standards in our house. I'm also re-committing to have lots of fruits and vegetables on hand for snacks. I'll stick to things that are in season right now; pears, oranges, clementines, grapefruit, apples, pineapple, broccoli and a few things that aren't; cucumbers, peppers, carrots, avocados.


1. Chili, Cornbread and Salad

2. Penne with Spinach Sauce, Bread

3. Beef Stroganoff w/ Egg Noodles, Green Veggie

4. Tilapia with Citrus Bagna Cauda, Brown Rice

5. Roast Chicken with Root Vegetables (parsnips, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, etc . . .), Rolls, Fruit Salad (bananas, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, pears, grapes)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds yummy. These days I can only eat something once before I never want to see, smell, or hear about it again. I'll have to wait until I'm past this stage to try any more of your yummy recipes. Keep them coming!

Tania said...

That tilapia looks good. We love tilapia & eat it a lot - I'll have to try it.

Unknown said...

That tilapia recipe is so good.My boys will eat tilapia any way I have ever cooked it,and this one was no exception!Yum.I think you have inspired me to take a trip to the market for fresh tilapia filets! :)

Anonymous said...

I used a recipe for Tilapia that said to bake it in scant olive oil and a little bit of juice from an orange. It tasted fine but I didn't like to moistness. Think I'll try frying next time. Mango salsa with it was great though!

Jenni said...

I make a similar beef stroganoff to this,just more fattening. Have you ever made it in the slow cooker, Erin? I'll have to try it that way.