Monday, September 18, 2006

My Week in Meals - #3

I repeat a lot of my meals. For the sake of the blog, I wondered if I should try to have no repeats, but that's just not practical. Plus, part of the beauty of this system is that you can repeat a lot. If you haven't noticed, the breakfasts and lunches are basically the same each week and you may have seen some of these dinners on previous weeks. What are you cooking this week?

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snack

Monday

oatmeal & toast

quesadillas

snap peas

cinnamon cookies

raisins

trout grenobloise

sautéed spinach

ritz & cheese

Tuesday

breakfast burrito

pb with carrots, apples, raisins and crackers (to dip & spread)

string cheese

beef stroganoff

broccoli

cinnamon toast

Wednesday

waffles

turkey wrap

grapes

cheese & crackers

chicken with coconut cooking sauce and rice

stir-fry veggies (peppers, peas, broccoli, asparagus, celery, carrots)

yogurt

Thursday

ham, egg & cheese sandwich

pb&j

celery

trail mix (raisins, cheerios, nuts, chocolate chips)

black bean & corn stew

tortillas

kiwi & oranges

Friday

oatmeal

pizza @ school

apple

rigatoni with marinara & meatballs

garlic bread

salad

oatmeal cookies

Saturday

pancakes

mac n’ cheese

taco salad (meat with chips, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, olives, tomatoes,

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Erin, you rock! I love that you have solved my, "what's for dinner?" dilemma, thank you, thank you, thank YOU.

Anonymous said...

I used to hate Mondays. Now I can look forward to your weekly menu. I'm going to steal some of your ideas.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Please, please keep the weekly menu coming. You have no idea what a service this is.

liz said...

wouldn't it be great if we all posted our weekly menus and then there would be a ton to choose from to avoid the repeat.

I love it Erin keep it going!

I already made my own but can't think of how to post it like this (tech?).

Liz Stanley said...

Erin, echoing everyone else THANK YOU for posting your weekly menus.... It helps me so i know what night to stop by for dinner.... and i love how the kids get pizza at school every friday. what a nice treat!

Tania said...

You had SPINACH!! I hope it was a frozen one you've had in the freezer for months ....
I do a monthly menu. I have 2 versions (1)Spring & Summer (2)Fall & Winter. Very few repeats, but the whole month repeats. Takes the thinking out of meal prep & shopping. Our big repeat is spaghetti every Monday. Monday is laundry & cleaning, so we need an easy dinner. Plus, Rick hates Spaghetti, so he knows to eat before coming home on Mondays.

Erin said...

love the idea liz f., i would love to get inspired from you all. i didn't know there was a spinach scare! we didn't have spinach. we had potatoes instead. i want to hear more about your monthly list, tania. you should blog about it.