Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Eggs Goldenrod


It might be a little a late for this, but I just had to post my favorite hard-boiled egg, post-Easter recipe. My mom always made this after Easter. She called it "Eggs Goldenrod," although my Dad had a less appetizing name for it he said he learned in the army. It's basically a white sauce with hard boiled eggs in it, served over toast. It reminds me of eggs benedict, but is a simpler, less rich version. It would be yummy paired with a slice of ham or bacon.

Eggs Goldenrod
serves 3-4

2 T. butter
2 T. flour
1-1 1/2 c. milk (depending on how thin you like the sauce)
salt
pinch of nutmeg

3 hard boiled eggs

Buttered toast or English Muffins

Melt butter in saucepan, add flour. Whisk and cook for 1-2 minutes, being careful to not let it brown. Add milk and whisk just until boiling. Take off heat. Add nutmeg and salt to taste.

Peel and dice hard boiled eggs and add to sauce. Serve over buttered toast or muffins.

1 comment:

Mumsy said...

That sounds like it would be a huge hit around our place. I'm going to make this for sure.