Friday, February 08, 2008

the PERFECT valentine cookie


Cut thick.


Bake just until cooked. As soon as tops set up (don't look wet in the middle) take them out. Because I rolled these so thick, they took about 8 minutes.


Frost thickly with buttercream.

Thanks to Rebecca R. for the recipe!

Sugar Cookies
cream:
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
add:
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
alternate:
1 c. milk
with:
1 t. salt
2 t. soda
4 t. baking powder
7 c. flour

Bake 375 for 5-6 minutes, or just until cooked. Cool, frost.

Buttercream Frosting
1 c. butter
1 t. vanilla
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Using whisk attachment, beat for 10 minutes. Add food coloring.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Are they soft, or crunchy. I LOVE a soft, thick sugar cookie! Crunchy, not so much.

Jen I said...

Thanks for giving us an idea of something to do for an afternoon! These ones really are good because they do stay so soft. I gave some to neighbors a day later and they were still great. Ours are still super soft a couple days later - I don't feel the necessity to hurry and eat them all before they get hard!

Jancisco said...

These are delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I made the dough and then started looking for a heart cookie cutter and realized that I don't own one. So I made turtle valentine cookies. . .

Elizabeth said...

ok - so I was just going to make these for Christmas cookies - but then realized that they take 7 cups of flour. SEVEN! How many do they make? And do you have to freeze them/chill them before cutting them out?