Monday, September 11, 2006

My Week in Meals - #2

A few explanations: Now that my kids are in school I'm looking for meals that I can make during the day and then just cook before dinner. The lunches are what I'm packing for my school kids. They have to take a snack to eat at school as well, so I include that as part of their lunch. Check back each Monday for more "week in meals."

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snack

Monday

scrambled eggs & toast

tortilla chips

cheese

plums

raisins & nuts

chicken & squash shish-ka-bobs on grill

couscous

fruit

Tuesday

oatmeal & toast

pb&j

carrots

string cheese

baked rigaboney

green salad

garlic bread

yogurt

Wednesday

toad in a hole

turkey sand.

pear

cheese & crackers

stir-fry steak

noodles

cold cereal

Thursday

waffles

ham sand.

cucumbers

graham crackers

soy-glazed salmon

brown rice

spicy broccoli with garlic

fruit

Friday

breakfast burrito

pizza @ school

trail mix

leftovers

yogurt

Saturday

french

toast waffles

mac n’ cheese

bratwurst on grill w/mustard & sauerkraut on bun

german potato salad

cold cereal

Sunday

pancakes

steak on grill

artichokes

baguette

4 comments:

liz said...

Erin this is great! I made my list this week and am so excited to use it. I am happy to not think much about meals throughout the week and more on having fun.

I also love that I can pull new ideas from your grid each week. Thanks for posting it!

Liz Stanley said...

I'm making a habit of consulting your list every time I'm making mine. Do you really make something for breakfast every morning? You are a super mom

Anonymous said...

Can I come for dinner on Sat? I crave bratwurst and sauerkraut when I'm pregnant but my family hates it!

Mom in Mendon said...

Very impressive. So for breakfast you never serve cold cereal, or maybe just an English muffin or a bagel? I love cold salmon and cream cheese on a bagel.