Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving


We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. My sister, Heather hosted. The Dowdles and Buchanans joined us. The collaboration was brilliant. We started off with appetizers and football: brie and cream cheese with hot pepper jelly and crudite and drinks.



The tables and dishes and centerpiece were beautiful.


Laura (with Connor's help) made the place cards.


We sat down to soup, cream of parsnip, same as last year and hot rolls. Laura brought raspberry butter and cinnamon butter to eat with her rolls and oh my! they were so good. I wish I could've eaten a whole meal of salad: candied pecans and mandarin oranges and lots of other yummy stuff. Tania did a lot of research to find the perfect salad and I think she did!


Here's a picture of my plate with all the regulars: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce. (Alan makes very good mashed potatoes. Dare I say world famous?)



Just the smell of tryptophan made Petrea sleepy.




Between dinner and dessert Laura got the kids going on edible Thanksgiving crafts. Jonah is showing off his turkey and cornucopia.



This is the "Thankful Tree" that Laura brought. We wrote what we were thankful for on the leaves and hung them on the tree. Guess what Jonah was thankful for?

I didn't take any pictures of dessert, but it was amazing. Pear and Almond Flan, Lemon Truffle Pie, Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie. The kids played great together (except when Colin wrestled Connor to the ground, sat on him to hold him down and pulled his hair. That wasn't good at all.), the adults had a good time visiting and laughing. It was a perfect Thanksgiving day.

11 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

sounds awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

what was Jonah thankful for?

Shayne said...

What did Josh do while the men watched the football games?

Carrie said...

Sounds like it was a great day! I meant to send you an e-mail, but didn't. So... Happy late Birthday!!!!! Wow! 3~! Are we at the age that we need to start fudging the numbers? Na. Happy 32!

Mom in Mendon said...

Looks perfect! Makes me hungry just reading about it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog, Erin. Is that my Cream of Parsnip soup?

R-Eight said...

Yum!! What a great day!

daisy said...

Could it have been as delicious as it looks?

The Taylor 5 said...

I'm glad you took good pictures. It was sooo good and everyone did so much to make it great.

Mandy Wollenzien said...

Now that is what I call Doing Thanksgiving New York Style. The flavored butter sounds awsome. Do you have those recepie's on your blog. How does one flavor butter. I only know about honey butter.

Home Elevators Brooklyn said...

Thhanks great blog