Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Peach Pie



In a lucky moment, the peaches I purchased from our sub-par grocery store actually ripened up very nicely. I used them in this peach and creme fraiche pie. It was WON-DER-FUL. The bottom crust is pate sucree (basically more butter and sugar than a traditional pie crust) and the top is a streusal topping. Little dollops of creme fraiche under and on top of the peaches melt with the peach juices to make a creamy custard. I didn't have creme fraiche on hand, so substituted sour cream and the results were great. I will definitely be making this again before the good summer peaches are gone.

5 comments:

Salem said...

You guys seriously need to move closer to us. Warm Peach pie ala mode sounds so good right now. I'm jealous.

liz s said...

oh my gosh. this looks so good!!! we were just talking about wanting to make a peach pie! but it will have to wait for a couple weeks... our kitchen is packed up.

robin k said...

I'm definitely making this in the next few weeks...Yum.

Petrea said...

Looks great! You might want to try the blackberry Cobbler #1 from the Pioneer Woman blog--it's great too!

Rodgers Family said...

This looks so good to me. I love pie.