Monday, January 22, 2007

Cravings


There are two things that I really crave these days. The first is Fage greek yogurt with a little honey, topped with granola. I eat it everyday for breakfast or second breakfast and am not tired of it yet. I've even started buying two containers of yogurt to get me through the week. My favorite granola is Bear Naked (I get mine at Stew's) followed by any Trader Joe's variety.

About a week ago my sister, Heather had us for dinner. Of course it was all fabulous, roast chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade reeses pb cup ice cream; but I can't stop thinking about the beet and orange salad she made. She topped spring greens (spinach, arugula, frisee, etc . . .) with beets, oranges and goat cheese. The dressing was light and slightly sweet and orangey. She used this recipe, but added fresh greens and goat cheese and omitted the red onion. So to recreate at any of the six times a day I'm hungry, I have separate containers of baby spinach, sliced oranges, sliced beets (boiled, peeled and then sliced), and a jar of orange dressing in my fridge. I'm trying to be good and stay away from soft cheese (although I'm not convinced of it's evils for pregnant women), but may have to add just a smidge. Yum, I'm getting hungry, again.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

WHAT?!?!?!?! You're pregnant?! You didn't tell me that!! How far along are you? Yippee, our kids will be so close in age! All I can handle eating is cold cereal, but you have always had more adventurouse (sp?) tastebuds than me. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

laura said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news. When are you due?

Allysha said...

congrats! it sounds like your cravings are healthy at least! I've been eating ice cream sandwiches and cheese cake. hmmm. I need to exercise or I'm going to get a little more pregnancy weight than I bargained for....

Anonymous said...

Ha!! I knew it!! Congratulations. That's great news. Really, really great news.

I've been wanting to try a salad with beets. I'm making the Baked Chicken and White Beans for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! A baby!!

Jenni said...

that is good news! i crave those things all the time, but i am not pregnant.