Tuesday, August 01, 2006

BIX


Reading a mention about Bix in my new Bon Appetit brought back memories. The first real trip Josh and I took was to California. We drove from Salt Lake and visited Ukiah and Mendocino. Then we drove down the coast to San Fran. We stayed in a perfect hotel and had a perfect concierge who knew we had no clue about where to go. He steered us to The House of Nanking one night, which was a total dive and had grumpy service, but was amazing Chinese food. Now that I think about it, I think it's on the wrong coast. Another night we went to a play and wanted to go somewhere nice for dinner. Swanky. I don't remember how, but we ended up at Bix. We knew it was nice and swanky because my tuna was raw in the middle. They had live jazz and we ate creme brulee for dessert. Our meal was $50 and we about died, but thought it was probably worth it. I'm glad Bix is still there and getting positive attention.

No comments: