Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sibling Gifts

Although I tried to scale down and simplify this Christmas, one time consuming tradition I made time for was helping my kids make gifts for each other. Not only is it a great way for them to understand giving and thinking about others but it gives me a chance to spend one-on-one time with each of my kids during a busy time. It really was a highlight of our Christmas morning to open these sweet gifts.









Roxcy made a pokemon shirt for Jonah, a blue tutu for Petrea and wrote and illustrated a story for Colin (starring Colin).




Colin made chocolate chip cookies, rolled them into balls and froze them for Jonah. He decoupaged a pencil cup for Roxcy. We ran out of time so he gave an Elmo book to Petrea.

Jonah really wanted to get everyone baseball themed gifts, so instead of crafting we took a trip to target together. He picked out mitts for Roxcy and his dad and a fat bat and balls for Colin. He's loved having more people to play baseball with. He and Roxcy have been playing lots of catch together. He picked out a puzzle for Petrea.

2 comments:

Mom in Mendon said...

Nice work, Erin.

Carrie said...

I can't believe you have time to blog, or the energy. Not keeping busy enough with the new baby? :)
Eliza made her gifts, and I wish I had done that with the rest of them. They will all remember her gifts. 5 minutes after opening the store bought gifts they couldn't remember who gave them to them, or what they gave. Your a good mom.