Friday, October 12, 2007

October Movies

Josh and I like to spend October evenings watching our favorite Alfred Hitchcock movies (he's directed over 60). I'm not a horror or blood and guts fan, but I do like suspense and intrigue. Hitchcock is brilliant. Did you know he makes a cameo appearance in every film? It's a bit like finding Waldo, sometimes he's well hidden.



We just watched To Catch A Thief with Grace Kelly and Cary Grant. Everything about this movie is beautiful; the countryside (French Riviera), clothes, hairstyles, actors and cars.


I can't wait to watch more of my favorites:


Spellbound (has a really great soundtrack by Miklos Rozsa featuring a theremin.)



The Lady Vanishes (I love mysteries on a train.)



North by Northwest (Remember the classic chase scene on Mount Rushmore?)

6 comments:

Denise said...

The scene where CG is chased by a crop duster is amazing too. I also like Vertigo and Rear Window. Marnie is pretty good as is The 39 Steps. I took a class on Hitchcock. Really a fascinating character.

Carrie said...

I remember the Hitchcock phase we went through in jr. high (or was it high school?).
I think it was AMC that was running a few hitchcock movies every night. I caught the end of "The Rope". Your post makes me want to curl up and watch them, too.

LoGunns said...

I'm going to start that tradition for October too.

Mandy Wollenzien said...

Erin, Do you remember the party we had at Carrie's where we watched the Birds with a bunch of screaming girls? I can't remember if that was for Halloween or for one of Carrie's birthdays.

Becca Ricks said...

You should definitely watch Vertigo, it's my favorite. Rebecca is also great, but I'm not sure if it's Hitchcock...?

Brooke said...

What a cool tradition. My favorites are Strangers on a Train, Rear Window, and then The Trouble with Harry for a bit of dark humor.