Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Favorite Summer Recipes - Panzanella




I love this salad. It is so satisfying to put together and the way the colors and flavors blend is beautiful. It's perfect in the summer because of the fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs. I love the thick homemade croutons and I'm a sucker for anything with capers and basil in it. My perfect summer meal (if my family would allow it) would be panzanella, a wedge of brie and some fresh fruit (plums, grapes, nectarines). This would also make a great addition to a buffet or BBQ.

Find Ina Garten's recipe here. She uses red and yellow peppers, cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, basil, capers, and thick cubes of toasted bread and tosses it with a homemade vinaigrette. It's a wonderful combination.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this will be perfect for the family reunion Friday--I was wishing for something a bit different.

Anonymous said...

I made this once and wasn't too enthused with the results. This recipe, however, looks wonderful. I'm going to try it. Thanks, Erin.